The NHS App
Updates to the NHS App
The NHS App has been redesigned to make it simpler for patients to find and access services. Patients will be prompted to update their NHS App over the next few weeks and will see an updated home page, simpler structure, and easier-to-understand language.
What does the NHS App do?
Use the NHS App to...
Advice and information:
- Search symptoms, conditioners, and treatments
- Get health advice through 111 online
- Find NHS services near you
- Check your NHS number
- Book and cancel appointments
- Check your referrals and hospital appointments
- Manage vaccinations
- Nominate a Pharmacy ad order repeat prescriptions
Manage your health:
- Access your GP health record securely
- Register your organ donation decision
- Take party in health research
Help someone else:
- Link profiles. You can apply to access the health records, appointments, and prescriptions of people you care for (including children) or get help from someone you trust
If you have any problems using the NHS App, you can select ‘help’ in the top right-hand corner of the app or visit nhs.uk/helpmeapp
Connecting GP surgeries to the NHS App
Patients at 95% of GP surgeries in England can now use all the features of the NHS App.
You can check if your GP surgery is connected when you open the app for the first time. If it's not, you can register your email address, and we'll notify you when they go live.
If your GP surgery is not connected, you can still download the app and use it to check your symptoms and find out what to do when you need help urgently.
Keeping your data secure
When your surgery is connected, and you register in the app, we'll carry out checks to confirm your identity. The app will then securely connect to information from your GP surgery. To keep your access secure, we'll send a security code to your phone each time you use the app.
Patient Knows Best
Patients Know Best is a secure online record of your health and care information from the Hospital that you can access anytime, anywhere. You can also choose to share it with your health and care professionals, your relatives or your carers.
With Patients Know Best you have 24/7 secure, online access to your medical records using any computer, smartphone or tablet. You don’t need to upgrade your computer or install new software and you control who gets to access your records. You can invite your doctors, nurses, carers and relatives, both inside and outside the NHS.
What can it do?
Your personal record allows you to:
- View test and lab results
- Send and receive secure, online messages
- Add or view upcoming appointments
- Access proxy accounts for children and people you care for
- View and edit information in personal care or treatment plans
- Connect wearable devices such as blood pressure monitors, glucose monitors and Fitbit trackers so that you can upload your measurements and track them over time
- Upload and access useful online advice and resources including leaflets, audio files and videos.
What Departments currently use PKB in East Sussex?
ESHT - Uro-Oncology Team
ESHT Diabetes Specialist Team
ESHT IBD Team
UHS East - PRH MSK Physiotherapy Team
UHSx East Renal Services Team
ESHT - East Sussex Colorectal Cancer Team
UH Sussex Heart Failure Team
ESHT - Transitioning Epilepsy Team