As from 25th May 2018 the GDPR ( General Data Protection Regulations) come into affect. The regulations around the way that data is processed may change, the following leaflet has more information about these changes.
GDPR information leaflet
Practice Privacy Notice
Your Data, Privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records:
This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
For more detailed information read the following Detailed Privacy Notices (if viewing an electronic document on our website) or ask at reception for our paper copies.